Living in a Feng Shui-friendly home; working in a Feng Shuioriented workplace; or even carrying out Feng Shui corrections in the existing premises, is the easiest way to enhance your personal luck.
There is a great philosophy behind this, called the “Trinity of Luck.” There are three types of luck: Heaven Luck, Mankind Luck, and Earth Luck.
Heaven luck is the luck you are born with – the influence of stars and planets on your destiny or the retribution or reward you receive for the deeds of your past life. This type of luck is very difficult to change.
Mankind luck is the luck that you draw by working hard with devotion and dedication. There is the general assumption that each person would do his best; hence again not much change is possible.
Earth luck is the luck that you draw from the places you live in and work at. This part of the Trinity of Luck is the easiest to correct and can be totally turned in your favor.
This is where Feng Shui comes into play. Feng Shui is all about creating a space that vibrates harmony, peace and happiness. This is achieved by ensuring an uninterrupted, smooth flow of energy. We all know that the universe comprises of five elements, just like the human body. When we are surrounded with various Feng Shui gadgets and symbols that generate positive energy, the mind, body and soul are at peace and the aura is in balance, which in turn motivates an individual to bring out his best.
On the other hand, if the surroundings are not harmonious, it can have a negative effect on your relationships and wealth. It may bring ill luck or cause illness in the family.
Feng Shui acts as a catalyst to reduce stress and increase joy within a space; but it is influenced by the energy, thoughts, actions and deeds of the occupants too. Merely placing objects and symbols without practicing positive affirmations and generosity may not fulfill our desires. It is important that one puts an imprint of positive thoughts, good vibes, and a feel of abundance while using Feng Shui enhancers for getting the maximum out of the timetested tips specified here.
1. Make your home a welcoming and stress-free zone by having a circlet of red berries and ivy hanging outside your front door. The round shapes are considered auspicious in Feng Shui, and the red color of berries and the green color of ivy promote energy and growth. Ivy will have the added benefit of helping to eliminate toxins and preventing them from entering your premises.
2. The holidays are usually a time for overspending and more clutter. In addition to the regular home decorations, we also bring out the seasonal decorative items. To minimize the obstruction in the flow of positive energy, most of your standard items should be put away until the holiday season is over. In fact, you can use the same boxes and bags in which your holiday items are stored. Planning ahead will de-clutter your thinking and save time and money – the essence of harmonious Feng Shui.
3. Cleaning before the holidays will set the stage for fresh energy and vitality. If you have items which haven’t been used over the past year, consider getting rid of them to make room for new items, thus representing new opportunities in life. Cleaning actually “clears out” the stagnant energy that tends to get stored in the corners of rooms. Stagnant energy can create a constant drain on the health and wealth of the inhabitants.
4. The formal front entry to the home is also called “Mouth of Chi.” Ensure that it is clutter-free and bright. There should not be any creaking sound when the door is opened or closed. Sparkling lights, colors, and fresh aromas such as pine and cinnamon, also add to the festive feeling.
5. Attractive objects with either metal or water elements will enhance your chance of receiving opportunities during this holiday season, which could relate to your career (greater earning potential) or improved relationships in your life. Metal can be represented by metal objects or round shapes, such as globes or holiday balls. The water element can be represented by wavy shapes, such as a garland draped over the doorway, or a small water fountain/aquarium that will add a soft light and a pleasing sound. Use of metallic wind chimes in the West/Northwest zones can also be very effective in increasing comforts and enjoying the abundance in business and social life. The use of seven rods and white/silver wind chimes in the West zone; and the use of six rods and golden/ yellow wind chimes in the Northwestern area can significantly reduce the possibilities of conflicts and quarrels among the members of the house or colleagues at the workplace.
6. If your hallway is big enough, place a welcoming vase or a pot of flowers so that it will be on view as soon as people enter the house. According to Feng Shui, this will ensure that your home is filled with laughter and happiness.
7. Christmas trees are wonderful because they bring life and a delicate pine scent into the home. They also bring with them, what is regarded as, poisonous arrows if the tips of their branches are left naked. Therefore, soften the tips of the tree with decorations. Promote family harmony by placing a Christmas tree or plants along the family area of the Feng Shui Bagua.
Trees and plants represent the wood element and promote family harmony and abundance. While standing at the main entry to the living room, this location will be along the left side of the room, either the center left or the far left corner. Using bamboo/wooden wind chimes in the East/Southeast zones of your home will enhance harmony.
8. When you dine in the holiday season, use your dining room rather than eating from trays on your laps in the sitting room/bedroom. The dining room is your Feng Shui wealth area. It is an ideal place for celebration and you will increase your wealth luck by using a mirror in the North/Northeast/ East/West walls so that the food and food bowls are reflected in it.
9. If possible, have a round dining table. If you are unable to have a round table then spread a green tablecloth to cover the pointed edges of the table. This will promote and even balance the energies of your family and guests, thus helping to avoid holiday squabbles.
10. For your centerpiece, have a bowl of floating candles or orange flowers to encourage lively discussion, or a bowl of fresh fruit as a symbol of health and longevity. If any of your guests bring you a bouquet, increase abundance by placing a mirror to reflect the flowers. This would significantly improve the relationship luck as well.
11. After receiving the guests, help them to feel at home by leaving different items of food or chocolates/toffees/fruits to nibble on in decorative bowls in the living room.
12. Rose quartz and Amethyst are said to promote a loving and healing energy, so place these crystals at the heart of your home to enable their energies to radiate all around. Raw crystals or any showpiece/pendants made of these elements are equally effective.
13. Candles represent the fire element and can add vitality and warmth to your home. You may also use scented candles which will add the element of fire and energy to a room. If you don’t own a fireplace, candles can add a warm, cozy touch and can be placed along the far back wall – opposite the room’s entry. In your living room, place candles of yellow, pink or red to encourage harmony and liveliness.
If you do use a lot of candles and have more red color than usual in your home, then balance this yang energy by removing shiny metal surfaces from view and add a water element, such as water in a bowl for floating candles or a small fountain in the Northern/Northeastern/Eastern areas of your property. This would also add a lot in the wealth luck of the residents.
14. To avoid arguments, keep the sharp metal objects like scissors, carving knives, display of cutlery and pickles out of view when not in use, as it may affect your guests in a negative way. This will also help keep your health luck intact.
15. Extroverted people can feel happy by visiting an old/ ailing friend or relative, with small/inexpensive yet meaningful gifts, and sincere words of concern. You can also visit an important growing country, or a state, or a particular monument/site to explore the blessings of nature which helped in its speedy development.
16. When it is cold outside, it may be tempting to keep the windows closed. But try to make it a habit to freshen the air and energy in the house even for a short while each day. Curtains and upholstery in the house can be designed as per Feng Shui to increase good luck.
17. During the holidays, try to squeeze in some quiet time for introspection. Reading a book, meditating, or walking in the woods are effective ways to restore/balance positive energies in this hectic season.
18. Giving gratitude to God often and keeping a harmonious intention for the holidays will also bless your home with a peaceful environment in which you can experience the joys of this special season.
With sincere efforts to create a peaceful environment by adopting even some of these tips will increase your enjoyment of the holidays and will go a long way in making your celebration successful and uplifting and renewing your spirit.