Skin that is either devoid of nutrition or is fed with unhealthy food, thoughts and emotions is unhealthy skin. As our skin reflects whatever manifests within us, it is of utmost importance to be aware of what affects our body, mind and inner spirit. Skin is a part of the “Panch Koshas,” the five sheaths that veil the real selves and is the 108th Marma point of the human body. It not only serves the purpose of protection, but also serves as a meter for the health of the body and mind.
is it safe to order propecia online http://kyounghpark.com/tag/heartbreakindia/page/2/
Unhealthy skin may project itself as dry, rough, tired, undernourished, blemished, uneven – with breakouts, black heads and white heads, unwanted lines and hairs, premature aging, sun damage, critical skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, various allergies and infections.
Home Remedies for a Yogic Glow
Water: Splash the face a couple times with water at room temperature (in winter) or cold water (in summer), while keeping the mouth filled up with water. It not only improves the blood circulation in the fine cheek capillaries, but also massages the facial muscles. It brings a healthy glow to the face by toning the facial muscles.
Green tea: A study published recently in the Archives of Dermatology shows that whether taken orally or applied to the skin, green tea can reduce the risk of damage from ultraviolet light (such as the burning rays of the sun), and thus reduces the risk of skin cancer. Polyphenols in green tea have antiinflammatory properties that are also beneficial to overall skin health. If this is something that you have yet to give a go, why not look into a company like Rouh Essentials to start incorporating this step into achieving healthier skin. Anything that will help give you healthier skin is worth a try, just as long as you are doing it in the right way.
Baking soda: Add one teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water. Drink it twice a day. The soda neutralizes the acidity in the urine, speeding up the recovery process.
Essential fatty acids: The best-known essential fatty acids are omega-3 and omega-6, which must be in balance for good health (and good skin). Fish, walnuts and flaxseed oil are among the best sources.
Aloe Vera: It is a cellular regenerator and has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal effects. Use Aloe Vera juice or gel to massage the face everyday. It hydrates the skin and fights infections and allergies. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to it in case of infections, acne, allergies etc. Make sure that you do not massage vigorously in case of acne or breakouts.
Egg white: It helps tone sagging and wrinkled skin. Mix one beaten egg white with one tablespoon of natural yogurt and two teaspoons of oats flour/gram flour. Rub this mixture on the face with a gentle massage for one minute and rinse off with warm water.
Orange juice: Mix two tablespoons of natural yogurt with a few drops of natural orange juice. Apply on the face and neck. Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Yogurt: When applied externally, yogurt helps to clear the skin, heals sunburn, treats blemishes, tones down freckles, whitens the skin, exfoliates the skin with lactic acid, and moisturizes the skin. For cleansing the skin, mix one tablespoon of natural yogurt with one teaspoon of honey. Apply over a cleansed face and neck for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Dairy products in the diet: One of the most important components of a healthy skin diet is vitamin A. One of the best places to get it are low-fat dairy products. The health of our skin cells is dependent on dietary vitamin A.
Coconut oil: This significantly acts as a moistening agent when the skin is dry and rough. Therefore it can be appropriately used to treat various aliments such as rough lips, eyes, broken capillaries, cellulite or burns etc. Simply massaging the face and neck with coconut butter or coconut oil is a very healthy way to give a glowing brilliance to the skin.
Olive oil: Mix one spoon of natural yogurt with one teaspoon of olive oil. Add oats until thick and apply on the face and neck. Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Tips To Maintain a Youthful Skin
- The first step to beautiful skin is‹ to remove make up, oil and environmental contaminants from your skin. Most cosmetologists recommend cleansing the skin twice a day. Diluted lemon water – one-fourth spoon lemon juice in a glass full of water/fat free milk/ fat free yogurt are all wonderful cleansers for facial skin. Apply them with cotton ball, massage them thoroughly into the skin and wash off for a clear skin and complexion.
- Eating a well-rounded, healthy diet is incredibly important. Be sure to include lots of fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet, as the nutrients provided by these items are critical. They make a fiber base for regular bowel movements and flush out the toxins.
- Furthermore, drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day to ensure that your skin remains well-hydrated. Drinking plenty of water everyday helps in flushing the kidney and skin of toxins and bacteria.
- Instead of buying expensive,‹ heavily preserved creams, lotions, and potions, consider making the alternative mixtures yourself. A simple formula for a balancing face mask is by mixing one spoon of clay, half teaspoon sandalwood powder, one-fourth teaspoon rose leaves powder, one-eighth teaspoon turmeric powder in rose water or honey. Apply this mixture on the neck and face. Let it dry and then wash off for a toned, balanced and healthy glow on the skin. Apply this mask twice a week.
- Exfoliation is the next step to remove dead skin cells from the skin’s surface. Exfoliating makes way for radiant, glowing skin and maximizes moisturizing effectiveness. Use oatmeal or rice flour for exfoliation by mixing it with full cream, plain yogurt, or honey. Exfoliate your skin once a week.
- Get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night for the body to relax and unwind. An afternoon nap is called “beauty sleep” with good reason. A 30-minute nap in the afternoon can act as a great stress buster and rejuvenator. Research has proved the importance of regular sleep for healthy skin, hormonal balance, and combating stress.