Do you live in a house where all the nine directions are not alike in terms of area? Have you ever experienced some kind of discomfort, suffocation or negativity in your own house? Of-course, there could be copious reasons behind it, but we can’t overlook misbalance of energies due to an irregular layout/house plan or an asymmetrical land. In the previous article “Effects of missed corners”, I have elucidated troubles which one could experience in his abode. This article is going to familiarize you with solutions, to overcome negativity or balance the misbalanced energies which arise due to the cuts in directions.
Solutions for north-east cut
- The best thing we can do to enhance energies of north-east cut is to use lot of water element there, since this direction is at its best when it has water present in it. It can be in the form of an Urli, fountain or aquarium.
- Let northeast be open, light and free from any kind of clutter.
- Grow Tulsi (Holy Basil) plant in north-east zone.
- Mirrors can be used on internals wall to extend the north-east cut.
- Enhance the energy of south-west corner, as balancing counter direction elevates self-control in the primary direction.
- Hang a painting with sea/lake/water or endless road, on the wall close to the missing corner.
Solutions for south-east cut
- Enhance the energies of the counter direction, which is north-west corner by allowing sufficient availability of natural air there.
- Grow a bamboo plant or money plant in south-east side of the site.
- If it is possible to cut off some part north-east or south-west, then do that.
- Using white or slight red color in contrast with white is good option to enhance positivity of south-east.
- Keep carnelian stones close to the cut to bring fire element back in place.
- Keep red candles or burn aroma oil in diffuser close to the south-east cut.
Solutions for south-west cut
- If you have space outside, grow some tall and heavy trees like Ashoka or Ficus.
- Keep rest of the southern and western walls thick and heavy and have less windows/balcony in south/west.
- Do not put up any mirrors on west and south walls.
- Use dusty and brown colours in south and west side.
- Keep some clear crystals in the south-west sides of the house.
- Raise the height of the flooring form south-west.
- All the things which represent heaviness and height should be kept close to the cut.
- Avoid any water related stuff here or blue colour, as blue represents water.
- Have rocky wall paper on south/west wall or stone cladded southern wall.
Solutions for north-west cut
- Enhance the counter direction i.e. south-east corner, by having a kitchen there or fire element in some form.
- Grow jade plant close to the northwest cut.
- Using grey, sea green, teal blue or metallic colour in north-west also enhances the positivity of the direction.
- Place a conch-shell close to the cut.
- Use wind chime to add on the air element in north-west.
Dr Aarushi Sadhotra is a post graduate in Management and after working for a decade in HR Department of Telecom industry she found her calling in – “Vaastu Shastra”. After completing Ph.D. in Vaastu, she pursued few years of extensive research in Vaastu science and practiced under expert’s supervision, and that’s when she founded “Vaastublessings” – a consultancy for people seeking advices on Vaastu for commercial and residential complexes. Vaastublessings provides onsite as well as off- site consultation in India and overseas. Dr Aarushi is an author as well and has been writing articles for various publications.