The brain is one of the most important parts of our body and the activity of our whole body depends upon the functioning of the brain. If the mind is strong, then you will excel in all your daily activities. A strong mind shuts out feelings of fear and inadequacy, and allows one to focus more on attaining the goal.
A strong-minded person has the energy and stamina to face challenges without being robbed of inner strength. Mental toughness gives us the courage to grow above the stress we experience in our day-to-day life.
“It’s all in the mind” has a lot of relevance in today’s world. Life is full of ups and downs and to effectively move ahead in life, one should have a strong and steady mind that is capable of accepting and overcoming the failures and challenges of life. In other words, “A strong mind is the key to success.”
Vaastu and Feng Shui
- Keep the Northeast zone in your residence clear for a peaceful and strong mind. It should be clutter-free and properly lit. Please ensure that the toilet, kitchen and stairs are not in this zone.
- Keeping ornamental water fountains in the Northeast and placing pictures of mountains (without water) in the Southwest is auspicious for prosperity, a strong mind, and stability in life.
- Remove all stopped watches, cobwebs, broken items/glasses, non-working electrical items, thorny/milky/bonsai plants from the house for clarity of mind.
- Avoid keeping electronic devices such as TVs, computers/laptops, etc. in the bedroom. If unavoidable, ensure that they are sufficiently away from the bed. Always cover the TV with a cloth when it is not in use to ensure that you are not reflected in a mirror while sleeping. The mirror when placed in the Northeast, North or East direction is beneficial during the day; but must be covered while sleeping to ensure health and harmony in the house.
- Avoid sleeping or working directly under a beam. If this is unavoidable, hang a pair of bamboo flutes, or a bamboo wind chime with hollow tubes, on the beam on either side.
- Try to have as much natural light as possible in your residence/workplace.
- Colors play a vital role in bringing balance to our mind and body and stimulate energy. Ceilings should always be painted white; whereas for walls, light pastel shades are always better than dark and vibrant colors. Blue and green are cooling and soothing, giving calm and peaceful vibrations. These are nature’s tonic as being in harmony with nature brings poise to our mind and body.
Be with nature
- Exercise is one the most vital things for making your mind and body strong. Make it a habit to exercise daily especially early in the morning, as it improves the blood flow towards the organs of your body, thus improving the health of your mind.
- Nothing can beat fresh air, which can lighten the mind and reduce the mental conversations that interfere with constructive logic and mind. A trip to the suburbs, near a river, or simply in the garden, will help you get rid of grey clouds and keep your mind clear and in good spirits.
- Do not forget to take the time after your workout to relax the mind while you are relaxing your body. It will help you re-connect with your inner self – the ultimate source of bliss.
A mind at peace and centered, not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.
- Develop a positive approach to life, develop self-belief and confidence, and remain hopeful in life. Stay away from negative company and avoid negative thoughts. If you fill your mind with negativity, you will never be able to progress in life.
- Read positive books, especially those that talk about hope and self-confidence. Similarly, you can read or listen to inspirational and motivational stories and quotes.
- Most importantly, have a mind of your own. Don’t just blindly follow what other people say. You must think high of yourself and not get easily influenced by others.
- We should always remember that laughter is not only the best medicine but it can also improve brain function as it stimulates both sides of the brain at the same time. Make sure you feel light every day by adopting laughter as an essential daily intake.
- Almonds and walnuts have a great importance in increasing the efficiency of the brain. You can eat almonds early morning after soaking them overnight and removing the skin.
- Carrot juice is especially good for improving the functioning of the eyes and mind. Drink one glass of carrot juice daily in order to keep your mind active and healthy.
- Apples also play a vital role in improving the performance and activity of the mind. Ensure that you make apples a part of your daily diet.
Luminary in many fields, Gopal Sharma, is a world renowned astrologer and Vaastu/Feng Shui expert. He is also an eminent consultant to a number of large industrial/business houses across the globe. His illustrious students and clientele include Hellmann Germany, Birlas, Thapars, Jindals, Suryas, Choice Group USA, Piramal Group, Marriott Hotel USA, Ansal Group of Companies, Patanjali Yogpeeth along with many leading banks. Moreover, he has to his credit 42 books including many bestsellers in Hindi, English and Greek. www.panditgopalsharma.com